4/22/21

Surnadal

In Surnadal again, seven months after the last time. Same house, different room. Same view, different angle. Getting ready for the opening of the first exhibition in Billag Festival 2021, a six month programme of events at art centre Surnadal Billag. I am one of two guest curators for the festival. This is a new phase in my prolonged entanglement with the place. Previously I have organised workshops and events, run courses here with students, helped to recruit artists to the residency programme. So it is a kind of home from home. Each time I return between now and the end of September there will be a different group of artists, a different focus, another set of expectations and challenges. Having ended my teaching career almost a year ago, having been, like everyone, a virtual prisoner of Corona for the past year, it is good to have this project. 


18 September 2020


22 April 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment